Friday, August 12, 2011

Playing with Grafix shrink film

Did making this project bring back memories.......Uh huh!

I remember melting chip packets over the toaster or in the oven and watching them shrink.  Then we would put them on our key rings or attach them to our school bags.

The only difference between the trusty chip packet and Grafix shrink film (also known as shrinky dink and shrink plastic) is the finished product is shiny and smooth.

Most of the films shrink shiny (no diamond glaze required) except for the Matte film that must be rough to stamp and colour in.  Great to use with your copics!

This is one of my monthly projects designed for CMIT.






I guess you're wondering where I got the inspiration from..........a top I bought many years ago.




It's amazing what you can do with Grafix film and what you can use it on.  Almost any project and I mean........anything!!!

Stay tuned to see what else I make with it.

If you haven't already, head over to the CMIT blog and enter the awesome contest they run monthly!

Ciao for now!




0 comments:

Post a Comment